We're under a month to College Football kickoff! Who's excited!
The model is coming along nicely. The betting lines the model would set for week 1 games are aligning well with those Vegas has already set, and I've made a bunch of technical improvements to the model this year; smoothing out edges.
- Bowl logic is tighter. It more comprehensively addresses teams with specific bowl tie-ins and conferences with bowl tiers (vs. bowl rankings)
- Added logic to address the group of five rule
- Removed Sagarin from the suite of data I used to seed pre-season ratings
- Inter-conference strength will be calibrated (in part) using games from weeks 1-3
I still have some pre-work (i.e. updated dashboards and expanded dashboards) but I now think I'll also have time for some enhancements.
- New and improved CFP Committee Model
- Expand "If they win/If they lose" concept to more teams, more weeks, more scenarios (e.g. this post)