- OU vs. OK State
- What a good looking game. With one loss each team is playing to keep their CFP (and likely big 12 title hopes) alive. The model thinks highly of both teams and has them super evenly matched.
- Ha, I checked to see if this was the highest rated game of the year (it's 3rd) and saw that Bama-FSU was rated 95 watchability back when we all expected FSU to be good
- VTech @ Miami
- On one hand I do understand why the committee ranked miami so low despite their undefeated record. Miami has really put up a good effort to lose every game. On the other hand, I'm not sure if there are actual scenarios where undefeated Miami (Fl) gets left out of the CFP.
- Texas - TCU
- TCU's CFP hopes hanging by a thread after last week's humiliating loss to juggernaut Iowa State
- Iowa State - WVU
- This might be a spot where the committee gets unpredictable. Imagine there's some chaos and a few losses and Iowa State wins out and wins the big-12 title game. Obviously with 2 meh losses the model doesn't like their chance, but I dunno...
- Clemson - NC State
- I still can't get past 4. Clemson. C'mon committee
- Auburn/TAM, KState/Ttech,, Stanford/WSU
- Just fun looking games despite the total lack of CFP implications
- Penn State - Michigan State & Wisconsin Indiana
- I feel like like we're getting one B1G team in the CFP, and that will be the B1G winner. Wisconsin basically has the inside track, Penn State needs help. My model feels differently about Penn State though. With a loss to Ohio State they need big help to get into the B1G title game, but their loss was such a quality loss (1 point, on the road, against an elite team), the CFP model thinks they should hardly be punsiehd at all. If Penn State wins out I see their CFP prospects as likely being the subject of heated debate.
- Editorial comment: Joe knew.
Friday, November 3, 2017
College Football Week 10
I apologize for the delay this week, I've been travelling for work. Luckily I have many hours at the airport while my flight is delayed (thanks Seattle snow!) to get everything updated.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment